Free Christmas meals in the Tri-State area
The following organizations will offer free Christmas meals. If your organization is planning such a meal, email the information to email@example.com.
• Christmas on the Square, 4 p.m. Monday, Dec. 24, Bridge of Life, 14 S. Potomac St., Hagerstown. Bridge of Life and Covenant Life Church International are partnering for a Christmas Eve event that begins with caroling and hot chocolate on Public Square. The turkey dinner community meal will begin at 4:30 p.m. Kids can join in a craft after the meal. There will be a Christmas Eve candlelight service at 6 p.m. Open to all.
• Celebration Ministries’ Christmas Day Lunch, 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 25, Reach of Washington County, 140 W. Franklin St., Suite 300, Hagerstown.
• Christmas Day meal, noon to 2 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 25, The Salvation Army, 159 Lincoln Way West, Chambersburg, Pa. Deliveries also will be made to those served by the Franklin County (Pa.) Area Agency on Aging and Meals on Wheels.
• Christmas Day dinner, noon, Tuesday, Dec. 25, 110 W. North St., Asbury United Methodist Church, Charles Town, W.Va. Community is invited. Facilities are handicapped accessible. Call 304-725-5513 or go to www.myasbury church.org.
• Christmas Day dinner, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 25, Rehoboth United Methodist Church, 30 E. Salisbury St., Williamsport. Call 301-223-9554.
• Free community meal, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27, Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 802 Summit Ave. Hagerstown. Special guests will be the gospel group Second Chances.
Top photo: A crowd attends the Salvation Army’s annual Christmas dinner sponsored by the Congregation Sons of Israel at the Salvation Army dining area in Chambersburg, Pa., on a previous Christmas Day. This year’s meal is from noon until 2 p.m. (Herald-Mail file photo)