City Park lights up on December 1
Hagerstown Heating and Cooling presents the annual City Park lighting on Friday, December 1, 2017, from 6 to 9 p.m. Admission is free!
The Hospice of Washington County Pathways of the Heart Luminary Program at Pod beside the Fine Arts Museum kicks off at 6 p.m. Luminaries will shine throughout City Park and names will be read in honor of loved ones. Call 301-791-6360 to order a luminary ($5 apiece) in memory or in honor of a loved one.
Then at 7 p.m., City Park is illuminated for the season! Join us at the Key Street Stage for holiday merriment and the official lighting of the Christmas tree and holiday decorations on the lake, where a new light for the season will be unveiled.
Other activities for the evening include:
- Lake Pavilion - Fire Dancer, Illuminated Ice Throne and Frozen Princess Elsa and Ana
- Key Street - A heated treat-filled hospitality treat tent, a firetruck, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph and other holiday characters
- Hager House - Kids entertainment and German Christmas Tours
- Mansion House Art Center - Pictures with Santa, fine art and craft sales, and free refreshments
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts - Holiday scavenger hunt, tours, exhibitions and free refreshments!
- Throughout the Park - Hay rides to three museums, Girl Scouts of Washington County Caroling.
Key Street will be closed to traffic during this event. For more information, visit www.hagerstownmd.org/cpl or call 301-739-8577, ext. 883.