Volunteer with Hospice of Washington County
The volunteers of Hospice of Washington County make a daily difference by offering invaluable companionship and support to families.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Attend one of our volunteer training sessions on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, or Wednesday, January 24, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Provide relief for family members;
- Provide emotional support and a listening ear;
- Assist with errands, light housework, and cooking;
- Provide bedside vigil with patients during their final hours;
- Provide specialized comfort to patients with massage therapy, haircuts, pet therapy or music;
- Provide companionship to veterans through the Vet-To-Vet Volunteer Program.
We will teach our volunteers all they need to know in regard to the hospice approach to death and dying, and how to put these ideas into practice. No experience is required.
For more information or to apply, call Lindsay Anderson at 301-791-6360.