Child Abuse Awareness Month
The families of Justice Myers-Cannon and Bella Appel - two children who died from severe child abuse - have teamed up to spread the message that future deaths can be prevented. They have organized several events throughout the region to mark Child Abuse Awareness Month in April.
March 28 - Hancock Blue Ribbon Ceremony 10:15am Widmeyer Park (rain date April 4th.)
March 29 - Rock Me, Don’t Shake Me - Hancock American Legion
April 1 - Blue Ribbon Kickoff event - 4:00 p.m. at the Elizabeth Hager Center Lot in Hagerstown. Families will gather with police officers and emergency personnel to begin tying blue ribbons on to parking meters throughout downtown Hagerstown.
April 2 - Tree Planting Ceremony, Blue Ribbon Event, & Pinwheels for Prevention Garden - 10:15 a.m. - Starts at Widmeyer Park in Hancock and then continues throughout town.
April 3 to 5 - Hancock Elementary School children will participate in Blue Ribbon Tree Day
April 6 - Two "Rock Me, Don’t Shake Me" events:
- The New Delmar - 16715 National Pike in Hagerstown - 8:30 p.m. - Performances by South of Sobriety and Deadlocked.
- Hancock American Legion - 8:00 p.m.
April 11 - Child Abuse Assembly @ Hancock Middle Senior High School
April 12 - Rock Me Don’t Shake Me @ North American Rod & Gun Club Hagerstown, MD
- 9:00 a.m. - Run (register at 8:00 a.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. - Walk (register at 9:00 a.m.)
- 11:00 a.m. - Awards Ceremony
- All Day: Motorcycle display by Bikers Against Child Abuse displays, CHIPS (children's I.D.), Moon Bounce, Balloon Launch, Representatives from Child Advocacy Centers, giveaways!